Monday, January 26, 2009

I think I mentioned earlier that we were at Darren's parent's pool today. We came back to the hotel and Lillia had her nap then Darren picked us up and we went to Patong and checked out the shopping. Some of you may or may not know of Patong. It is the largest area where the interesting people hang out. We are staying in Kata Beach which is a much more family place. Patong is where all of the girlie bars are and the lady boy bars but there is also some really great shopping. There is a huge mall there and it is really funny to see all kinds of American things there such as Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, KFC and other places. There is also a French grocery store there that I know from France. It is like there is a little part of every place in the world right here in Phuket. We are now back at the hotel. Nick and Lillia are sleeping. Nick got a really bad sunburn today. Lillia was mostly covered up and had 50 on so she is fine. Did I mention that today is the first day of the Chinese New Year? There are lots of people here celebrating since it isn't too far from China. That is all for today. Maybe more tomorrow. Great that the hotel came with internet in out room.

No comments: